Mapping out family systems to identify hidden patterns and find new ways forward on personal challenges.
What do you get from Family Constellations work?
There are a number of ways that a constellation can bring benefit to your situation. Below are a couple of ways that doing a constellation can help:
1. Create a sense of space and distance from the relationships, patterns and dynamics that are a part of your life that you are often too close to actually see. This gives you a renewed sense of control and choice.
2. Provide insights or closure on relationships or habits that may be having a continued negative impact on your life.
3. Develop a sense of peace and acceptance with situations that are outside of your control, but seem to affect you nevertheless.
There are three ways you can engage and find reward from doing a constellation:
2. As a Representative – while not working explicitly on your own issue, you represent parts of someone else’s constellation and get reward from both serving the issue holder, and relating it privately to your own life.
3. Finally, as an Observer – someone who neither represents nor has an issue, but is bearing witness and supporting someone else’s process. Great if you are curious but unsure about the process!
I didn't know what the process was and am amazed by the results I saw and experienced. – Catherine Gouy
I had a preconceived idea that the work might be stressful, as this has been my living experience with this issue, however the workshop provided a physical space to allow the situations surrounding this to be seen, heard and witnessed - which means I feel calmer and more aware that I was carrying part of a pattern that, although finding expression through me, was not actually anything to do with me.
This work is golden just for that reason 🌟 – Natasha Astara
Edward Nelson trained as constellations facilitator with Judith Hemming and the CSC and is offering these sessions locally to build his practice. He brings over fifteen years’ experience facilitating groups and working with conflict, both in community and businesses and has an MSc in Psychology from Birkbeck. As a resident of Forest Row, he enjoys the woods and brings this deep appreciation of nature to the work. www.theconstellationscoach.com