- When: Saturday, 16 November 2019
Time: 09:00 – 12:30 GMT
Where: The Story Hut, Emerson College, Hartfield Road, Forest Row, RH18 5JX
We are not asking for a set fee but instead asking people to donate what they feel able to give.
Suggestion: Basic: £15 Middle: £25 Supportive: £35
All donations will be gratefully recieved.
The money raised will be used them to cover the basic workshop costs with any profit going towards supporting refugee children on Lesvos (through stART international) as well as towards the continued organisation of events like this one at Emerson College.
Learn about trauma prevention work with children in war zones and areas hit by natural disaster, with stART international and Aeham Ahmad.
Trauma is something which all of us carry to different degrees. Many of our fellow humans suffer daily from trauma inflicted by war situations and natural disasters. What can we do to help?
Join us for this morning WORKSHOP run by Syrian pianist Aeham Ahmad and leader of stART international Barbara Schiller.
* Hear about stART international's first hand experience working with children and adults in places that have been hit by war or natural disaster.
* Learn about trauma and resilience.
* Make music with Aeham Ahmad and learn some songs and exercises that give insight into the working of trauma pedagogy.
* Hear more about Aeham Ahmad's personal story in an intimate setting with the opportunity to ask questions.
To know more about Aeham Ahmad: https://www.aeham-ahmad.com/en/
To learn more about stART international: www.start-international.org
To learn more about events at Emerson College: www.emerson.org.uk/evenings-emerson