Course Availability: Short Courses and Workshops
New Gestural Arts Programme
'Gestures create a language that is understandable for everyone - a language that goes beyond words, beyond cultural borders, beyond preconceptions, right to the heart of what it means to be human.'
Do you want to give your artistic impulses shape and direction, refine them and embed them in a meaningful context in society? Then this International Performing Arts course might be the right training for you.
‘Gestural Performing Arts' is a genuine artistic approach that enables you to connect with the audience and social environment in a deep level, connecting the visceral, conscious and spiritual in order to convey your narrative and embody your artistic individuality more fully.
Our Introductory Courses are designed for students or professionals looking to seeking to find, enrich and expand their creative language and to refresh their enthusiasm for their own work through a period of creative renewal.
Introductory Courses 2018:
led by Prof. Roland Matthies
January 21st - 28th 2018 (8 days)
Form, Transform, Perform
@ Emerson College
Through a pathway that combines movement, drama, storytelling, choreography and ensemble work, you will learn how your body can become anything!... Click here to find out more
Course Fee: £ 700
March 17th - 25th 2018 (9 days)
Performing Voice, Gestural Speech, Embodied Text
@ Emerson College
During this module we will work through movement as a way to experiment with our own vocal potential in performing .. Click here to find out more
Course Fee: £ 750
July 1st - 15th 2018 (2 weeks)
Organic Gestures, Performing the Gestural Language of Nature
@ Kulturcentrum Järna
In this course, we will discover and create gestures of landscapes with our bodies and voices... Click here to find out more
Course Fee: £ 980
Introductory Course Packages
- Special price for package of Courses 1, 2 and 3: £ 1990
- Special price for package of Course 1 and 2: £ 1190
- Special price for package of Courses 2 and 3: £ 1390
Early bird: Applications by December 15th 2017 will receive another 10 % reduction on the fees for the single courses and the special package prices.
Note: A total of 20 Credits (6 ECTS each from module 1 and 2 and 8 ECTS from module 3) can be counted towards the Postgraduate Diploma for those students who decide to enroll for the whole programme starting in September 2018.
See also: www.gesturalarts.com/upcoming
Longer Term Courses:
Performing & Gestural Arts Postgraduate Diploma - led by Prof. Roland Matthies
We are also offering a Performing & Gestural Arts Postgraduate Diploma
- People with an artistic profession who want to deepen their artistic work and give it new impetus, forms and direction
- People who work in their profession with artistic media or are wanting to apply it in their work and and are striving for broadening and deepening their artistic understanding or repertoire
- or students having already completed an art related BA degree and are striving to achieve an MA degree (Master of Arts) or MFA degree (Master of Fine Arts) Fine Arts and Performing Arts in Society at the University HKS Ottersberg with professional focus placed on Gestural Performing Arts