- When: Friday, 19 March 2021
29-31 January 2021 - POSTPONED*
19-21 March 2021
7-9 May 2021
*In light of the national lockdown, the college is now closed until mid Feb. Please contact Alex for more information.
Time: Friday 7.30pm – Sunday 1pm
Where: Emerson College, Pixton, Hartfield Road, Forest Row, East Sussex RH18 5JX England
for one weekend
for one weekend
£400 Complete course
HOW TO BOOK
Booking your place on the course and your stay for each weekend separate payments:
STEP 1: BOOK PLACE
To Book: please call Alex Wright +44 1342 827967 (landline)
STEP 2: BOOK STAY
You can choose to eat and/or stay at Emerson for all or any of the weekend modules.
To keep this flexible for you, we treat each weekend as a separate booking.
To book simply click on the weekend links below to select your meal and accomodation preferences for each weekend:
A journey of inner spiritual development and “Learning by Doing” with Inessa Burdich MSc
We are pleased to present an experiential course in Self-development based on the teaching of Rudolf Steiner who dedicated a significant part of his work to individual spiritual development through meditation exercises. In fact, Steiner’s entire Spiritual Science or Anthroposophy is not only a revelation of spiritual perceptions but also a call for us to embark on a personal path of Inner Development, a vital prerequisite to fulfilling our mission here on Earth.
Inessa Burdich has been practicing meditation for over 30 years and will use her resultant supersensible perceptive abilities – acquired through this meditative work and continuously fine-tuned through her ongoing work with many clients – to guide you through a practical approach to Inner Work.
The course is designed for people who are searching for or have already embarked upon a personal spiritual path and are eager to consciously work on their inner development.
The path of self-development based upon Spiritual Science presented in this course will focus on you strengthening your "I" (your sense of Self) as a foundation of all spiritual work. You will learn approaches to increasingly focus your thinking, purify and refine your feeling life, and strengthen your will.
Please note: All talks and workshops are based on our direct supersensible observations of a large number of people.
What will you gain from the course?
The course offers an overview of the foundations of Anthroposophical “Spiritual Science” which can be experienced as something that nourishes the inner life, supports creativity, and helps participants to serve the world.
The main objectives of the course are:
- Learning and deepening the basic content of Spiritual Science, its insights and methods.
- Fostering a moral development and enriching the life of the soul based on a core understanding of the Higher (spiritual) Worlds and man’s relationship with them.
- Learning how to bring a positive and supportive supersensible contribution to the spiritual and moral development of the world.
- Learning how to conduct effective and lawful experiential research in supersensible realms.
Every weekend includes Friday and Saturday evening talks and Workshops on Saturday and Sunday. In every workshop we will explore and apply practical exercises to deepen the topics of the talks.
Meditation and Self-Development
11–13 December 2020
- Friday Talk: Meditation as a path of spiritual development and as a method for spiritual scientific research.
- Saturday Workshop: Discover and apply practical exercises to deepen the topic of the talk. This will be a space to explore the value and practice of meditation as a training and as a research process:
- Experiencing and researching will-o'-the-wisp thoughts;
- Practising concentration of thoughts;
- Exploring feelings of stability and confidence.
- Saturday Talk: The characteristics of Etheric realm (vital forces) in human beings and in nature (Part 1).
- Sunday Workshop: Self-development and research. How to control your thoughts. Becoming aware of the Etheric realms.
Etheric and Astral Realms
19-21 March 2021
- Friday Talk: How can I live with vitality? The Etheric realm (vital forces) in human beings and in nature (Part 2).
- Saturday Workshop: In the workshop we will explore Etheric perception to gain a deeper understanding of the Etheric realm.
- Saturday Talk: How to master your feelings. The Astral realm (emotional forces) in human beings and in nature.
- Sunday Workshop: Practical exercises to deepen the content of the talk:
- Where are my feelings “located”?
- How can I train myself to control my feelings?
- Experiencing and researching feelings of heightened jubilation and deep sadness.
- Exploring the feeling of inner quietness.
- Why did Rudolf Steiner consider the complete quietness in the soul as being the first level of higher initiation?
9-11 April 2021
- Friday Talk: Dimensions of the sense of Self (I-manifestation) and its relation to hypersensitivity.
- Saturday Workshop: Practical exercises to deepen the topics of the talk.
- Am I “the master of my house”?
- How can I strengthen my inner self, i.e. my I-manifestation?
- Nowadays many people feel disorientated, scattered, and cannot find a connection with themselves – how can we bring ourselves back to our true self?
Positivity has a proven influence on the development of our I-manifestation so we will explore how to consciously turn our mind to the positive aspects of each experience in our life, researching and applying processes by which negative experiences can be transformed into positive ones and the resultant feelings of spiritual happiness.
- Saturday Talk: The spiritual parts of the human constitution: Spirit Self, Life Spirit, Spirit Man.
- Sunday Workshop: Practical exercises will deepen our understanding of the topics discussed in the talk. This workshop is mainly dedicated to the part of human spiritual constitution, which is called Spirit Self.We will consider the following subjects:
- Exploring and researching the fundamental role of objectivity in spiritual scientific research.
- Investigating the processes involved in transforming our subjective experiences into objective ones.
- Developing an attitude of being completely objective. Becoming aware of the Spirit Self.
Mechanics of the Mind and the Soul
7–9 May 2021
- Friday Talk: The soul parts of the human constitution. The Sentient and the Consciousness parts of the soul.
- Saturday Workshop: Practical exercises, will deepen our understanding of the topics discussed in the talk. On a path of inner development we become aware of how our life is full of disturbances and attractions that pull us in different directions every day.
- How do I find a spiritual centre of gravity that gives me strength and confidence, and supports me in keeping a steady balance of inner equilibrium and harmony?
- How does an inner balance between my soul and spiritual forces bring harmony into the relationship between my intellect, feelings and morality?
In this workshop we will explore how can we develop an equilibrium of soul, a spiritually inspired mood, which enables us to work safely and effectively in the world.
- Saturday Talk: Mechanics of the Mind. The Intellectual part of the soul (mental processes).
- Sunday Workshop: Practical exercises to deepen the topics addressed in the talk. We will explore following aspects:
- Where are our thoughts ‘located’?
- How do we experience a difference between the activity of thinking and the content of this thinking?
- Why for most of us an observation of our own thinking during the process of thinking is hard and can even be described as an ‘exceptional state’?
We will also research the question of how we can develop the ability to think nothing, and will practise and research how to achieve a state of mind that has no content. Finally, will also be explored the phenomenon and requirements of a lawful research question.
For more information about the course visit http://www.spiritual-research.eu/en/themen/
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Inessa Burdich graduated as a physicist after which she embarked on an international business career spanning two decades. Her first passion was chess and she was a professional chess player and chess-coach for several years. She gained her MSc in the UK in the field of Therapeutic Education. Inessa has practiced meditation all her life, having started at an early age.
Along with her husband she founded in Germany the research company Applied Spiritual Research, which offers supersensible research in a wide variety of fields.
Her domains of activity include
- Supersensible research in the development and production of mistletoe-based remedies. Inessa’s main focus of research is investigating the supersensible sources that lie behind illnesses, especially oncological and psychiatric illnesses (including addictions), autistic-spectrum conditions, vaccinations, infections, and also the human endocrine, lymphatic and immune systems.
- Counselling organisations and individuals, and also carrying out a spiritual audit of buildings and places.
- Workshops and talks on research in spiritual science and on methods of supersensible perception and their applications.