Next course dates in 2013:
English as a Foreign Language
The course is designed for students with a good grasp of basic English who wish to improve to intermediate level.
This intensive course is designed for people who want to immerse themselves in the English language, and at the same time improve their knowledge of English culture.
This will be achieved through:
• a study of grammar and an expansion of vocabulary
• meeting different teachers who each bring different qualities of the language
• developing greatly improved pronunciation
• The programme will be delivered by four teachers. Two of them will focus on
grammar, and the other two will focus on the practical application of the language,
using drama, games, poetry, and the study of current affairs.
• The course content is kept alive by the use of themes, such as ‘everyday activities’, ‘the top 100 places to visit before you die’, ‘life stories’, ‘in the media’, ‘polite requests’ and many more .
• Vocabulary will be expanded, and pronunciation improved.
• Emphasis will be placed on speaking and comprehension.
• Tutors are available for individual support, and the building of confidence in the language.
About the programme
This course is designed for students with a good grasp of basic English who wish to improve to intermediate level.
Courses are held throughout the year.
Lessons from Monday to Friday,
9-12am and 2-4pm at Emerson College
75 hours tuition in a three week course
Excursions to London and Brighton
Tuition book with CD-Rom
Course Fees: from £1660
Half-board accommodation in family houses
Contact and registration
Course Co-ordinator: Bonina Moran
e-mail: boninamoran at yahoo dot co dot uk
Tel. 01342 327122 Skype: Brazil2029