January 2014 Volunteer Work Programme is now full
We will update the website with the Summer Volunteer Programme dates in the New Year
Emerson College is an international community with students from all over the world. We are undertaking renovation and have started to repaint and repair some of our beautiful and old buildings as well as caring for the lovely Pixton estate.
Are you interested in working in an international team alongside experienced painters, builders, craftsmen and gardeners - and improving your English?
We are looking for 6 people to join us for blocks of 6 weeks. Due to immigration laws you need to have a European passport and be at least 18 years old.
We will ask you to work 28 hours a week in exchange for free lodging at the college in one of the student houses and lunches. No formal skills or qualifications are required. A weekly English session will be part of your timetable, some of the student activities will be open to you free of charge. You will need to cover your own travel costs, plus the costs of breakfast, suppers and weekend meals (self catering facilities are available).
- Outside cleaning and painting of smaller buildings
- Painting of student rooms and class rooms
- Smaller renovations on woodwork and floors
- Gardening and ground work (weather permitting)
Emerson College provides:
- accommodation in single room with use of student house kitchen
- lunches from Monday to Friday
- English lessons (6 hours a week); working language will be English
- Participation in Emerson activities as and when possible
- Teaching in English and / or possibly study in Anthroposophy
- 28 hours a week of work
- Pay for your own travel costs
- Pay for your own breakfast, supper and weekend meals and pocket money
Timetable (subject to confirmation):
Monday to Friday
8.30-12.30 work group with coffee break
2-3.30 work group
3.30-4 tea break
4-5.30 English lessons (Monday to Thursday only)
1. block: 4 November – 13 December 2013
2. block: 6 January – 15 February 2014
More dates to follow for 2014 – watch our website.
Our Contact Details
All enquires and applications regarding the volunteers programme should be addressed to Yvette Dellsperger, Head of Hosting and Facilities.
Email email@example.com Telephone: +44 (0)1342 822238
If you have specialist skills in gardening, landscaping, building and renovation and would like to spend some time at Emerson – contact us; we are very happy to make individual arrangements for any length of time.