Course Availability: Part Time
'Often the hands will solve a mystery that
the intellect has struggled with in vain'
~ Carl G. Jung ~
*2019/2020 APPLICATIONS OPENING SOON*
If you would like to be placed on a waiting list for the 2019/2020 course
Rhythmical Einreibung Foundation Course
Crossfields Institute Quality Mark Course at level 4
Rhythmical Einreibung is a method of gentle, therapeutic touch.
“Touch handled in a conscious way addresses the patient’s powers of self-healing and strengthens them thanks to the rhythmical element”. By Edelegard Grosse Brauckmann from Handbook for Rhythmical Einreibung (according to Wegman/Hauschka)
It is used to support health through its warming, calming and harmonising qualities. It has been developed for use by nurses and carers but is relevant for anyone to learn.
Rhythmical Einreibung is an appropriate treatment for people of all ages and can benefit a wide range of physical and emotional health problems. It can be used as part of nursing care, to apply an oil or ointment to a problem area, as a gentle whole body treatment or as part of the nurturing of family and friends.
In the Rhythmical Einreibung (RE) Foundation Course you will learn:
- RE for different parts of the body – feet, calves, knees, thighs, the back in lying and sitting, arms, chest and abdomen.
- Key qualities of RE – anatomy of relevant muscles, how to find the Guideline or Orientation line for each part RE, working with warmth and rhythm, the relaxed hand, flexible posture, flowing touch and how to position and cover clients to ensure comfort.
- The indications and contraindications for RE, how and when to use each part.
- Which oils and ointments to use.
- Adult learning as a path of self-reflection and learning from mistakes.
Who can apply?
This course is open to members of medical and allied professions, carers and non-professionals. No prior experience is required.
This is a hands-on course, participants will learn by giving and receiving RE. Full participation is required to successfully complete the course.
Participants need to successfully complete written and practical assessments and report on ten RE treatments to achieve the CI Quality Mark Certificate.
The Foundation Course allows access to further courses in the Rhythmical Einreibung Programme
Following successful completion of the Foundation Course participants can progress to the Whole Body Einreibung, Five Point Einreibung and Organ Einreibung Courses.
Module 1 7-11th October 2019
Module 2 10-14th February 2020
Module 3 5- 7th June 2020
Full attendance is required to achieve the Quality Mark Certificate.